Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaBloWriMo? Not quite as catchy...

11/1/2010

Alrighty. I've been meaning to do a real blog for a while now. I've done it before because of my travels and stuff. My parents tell me to do it for therapy. My friends say for entertainment value. I think some of them would just rather I get my rants out so they don't have to listen to them anymore. On the other hand, some say I should sell tickets to or do podcasts of my rants or the monologue of me playing Legend of Zelda; apparently it's hilarious.

I've had quite a few snippets in my head for a while now, but no real reason to get them out, and certainly no occasion to start a blog. That is, until now.

With the advent of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), many of my creative writing friends *cough*crazy*cough* have been diving headlong into it. Being a recreational writer myself (or at least I used to be, words are kind of in my nature), I feel like I should be involved somehow too.

So, while most of the novel and story tendencies are gone from my brain, I figured I'd come forward with my own little challenge. It will hardly come to 50,000 words, but I figured a snippet of nearly stream-of-consciousness essay-lets a day wouldn't be so bad for me.

I say "nearly" SoC because I hate it as a writing style, and merely mean it as a "little bit of something i feel like talking about today." the ideas/topics are more SoC than the writing. Things usually go through my head about 5 times before they come out, so it'll be from that angle.

I won't spend too much time on what I'll be talking about. I have trends in my thinking, but that will become evident. What i will say is that this is a concept I've had around for a whole and just found an excuse to do it. Some rants, some reviews, ramblings, a few random thoughts and revelations. Hopefully all kind of short, but knowing me, we'll see how that goes. If nothing else, it should be light. Have fun as we all descend into this month of madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment